Thursday, January 3, 2008

Nandana

Respected Sir,

I am a sixth standard student of St.Mary’ s Central School, Mudavanmugal, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram.

For the last two years I am a classic member in British Library. Since the vacation of 4th standard, I have been a regular reader and fan of Wonder Land. I have read about 200 books from your library and I am simply attached to those books .The language, grammar and humour of those books made me more imaginative. My language and grammar improved-so did my imagination. I believe that no other library in Thiruvananthapuram could provide such books like these. I have learned about the tradition and culture of various places from your books. My General knowledge also improved. After being a member of your library I started to get the highest mark in English. I believed that one day I’d read all the books in Wonderland. Many of my friends took membership in this library because I did. I even started to write stories after I started reading! I have noted the names of all the books, which I’ve read (with their authors). My sister said that when she is as old as me, she would read all the books I have read.

Then one day I heard this shocking news that the library is going to close down! I was grief-stricken about this. Besides me, thousands of people have memberships in your library for many years. This is a disappointing news for all of them. Libraries like yours give children like me a lot of information and fun. Being the only one British library in this area I humbly request your good self not to close the library.

It is a small, kind request in one voice by all of the Malayalees in this State. I hope you will take a favorable action for this.

Thanking You

Yours faithfully

Nandana Nair.K.S

(Membership No: MTR63237)

D/o Sarada devi.U

No comments: